Friday, September 11, 2009

Nothing Is Impossible With This Real Madrid Team - Royston Drenthe

Royston Drenthe has reiterated his desire to be part of Real Madrid's success story, as the Dutchman believes that "anything is possible" with the side that president Florentino Perez has assembled.

"I've been in Madrid for two years and I want to enjoy it, I want to succeed at the club," Drenthe told the club's official website, realmadrid.com.

"I felt good in pre-season, but now I'm thinking about the league, the Champions League and the Copa del Rey because they are very important competitions for us.

"We have to work very hard if we want to win everything. I believe anything is possible with this team," the 22-year-old declared.

Although the former Feyenoord winger's admiration for the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka is clear, he added that every member of the squad would need to pull their weight if los Blancos are to win trophies.

"[The expensive signings] can't do everything on their own. There are a lot of games, that's why the coach needs 25 players, you can't win with two or three."

Anthony Wright, Goal.com

No comments: